Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Madduck Madduck is offline

Default Copying Data from one workbook to another

I am doing Time caps for my company with column A listing the names of the
employees and row 3 is the date.

In each other field there is a number of hours worked for each individula
employee In the one workbook it is setup on a by-weekly format the current
one is for March 24th to April 6th I want to be able to type the information
into this workbook and have it also show up in the Monthly workbook that I am
also working with.

Is there any formula that would let me do this easily without having to copy
and paste each selection.

I have a thought of what it could look like but I'm not sure how to
accomplish it.
I.E. have the formula search the by-weekly workbook for a particular date
then find each individual employee and enter the corisponding value similar
to a times table setup find 3/11/07 across the top then down thr left side
find the appropiate name then enter the value.

Is this even possible.

Please Help
not much hair left to pull out.

Kelly