Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Will importing tab-delimited, extra, data affect attributes/formatting in prepared XL2K file?

I'm asking because I've never really needed to do this where the text will
be imported into a specifically-formatted workbook before. I've always
imported at the beginning when creating the file and _then_ applied the
necessary formatting, etc.

The data will be coming from a database that they'll have exported from (
not Access). I was just wondering if there was anything special I had to do
so that it wouldn't overwrite cell formatting and dropdown boxes made via
data validation, etc.

Thanks. :oD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Will importing tab-delimited, extra, data affect attributes/format

I would recommend importing into empty worksheet. Then copy intto format
worksheet using pastespecial using xlPasteValues. This should leavve the
format of your destination intact.

"StargateFanFromWork" wrote:

I'm asking because I've never really needed to do this where the text will
be imported into a specifically-formatted workbook before. I've always
imported at the beginning when creating the file and _then_ applied the
necessary formatting, etc.

The data will be coming from a database that they'll have exported from (
not Access). I was just wondering if there was anything special I had to do
so that it wouldn't overwrite cell formatting and dropdown boxes made via
data validation, etc.

Thanks. :oD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Joel" wrote in message
I would recommend importing into empty worksheet. Then copy intto format
worksheet using pastespecial using xlPasteValues. This should leavve the
format of your destination intact.

Ah, very good. Will do that.

Thanks. :oD