Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Will importing tab-delimited, extra, data affect attributes/format

I would recommend importing into empty worksheet. Then copy intto format
worksheet using pastespecial using xlPasteValues. This should leavve the
format of your destination intact.

"StargateFanFromWork" wrote:

I'm asking because I've never really needed to do this where the text will
be imported into a specifically-formatted workbook before. I've always
imported at the beginning when creating the file and _then_ applied the
necessary formatting, etc.

The data will be coming from a database that they'll have exported from (
not Access). I was just wondering if there was anything special I had to do
so that it wouldn't overwrite cell formatting and dropdown boxes made via
data validation, etc.

Thanks. :oD