Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Patsy Rogge

Default Importing Comma delimited file

Hi

I am importing a comma delimited text file into excel. I have an account no
which is a alpha numeric field and when I import it a general format the 0's
in front of the account no disappears. If I import it as text field it add
blanks spaces at the end and I need to do a match on this field.
--
Patsy Rogge

012-420 7240
012-420 7230

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ray A

Hi Patsy,
Try importing as a text field and then use a helper cell to =trim(A1)
Adjust cell reference as required
HTH