Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hiding 2007 title bar

On Excel 2003, my client's spreadsheet used
Application.DisplayFullScreen = True. According to the
DisplayFullScreen helps, that appropriately hides the application
title bar. With 2007, it no longer does, which changes the appearance
to his users. I don't find another 2007 application object property
which applies. Perhaps the title bar has gone to an xml
implementation similar to the ribbon. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Never try this (add it to my list with things to do)

Here is a example from Jim Rech to hide the ribbon

Sub HideRibbon()
Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro "SHOW.TOOLBAR(""Ribbon"",False)"
End Sub

Sub ShowRibbon()
Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro "SHOW.TOOLBAR(""Ribbon"",True)"

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Carl Hartness" wrote in message ps.com...
On Excel 2003, my client's spreadsheet used
Application.DisplayFullScreen = True. According to the
DisplayFullScreen helps, that appropriately hides the application
title bar. With 2007, it no longer does, which changes the appearance
to his users. I don't find another 2007 application object property
which applies. Perhaps the title bar has gone to an xml
implementation similar to the ribbon. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mar 1, 5:00 pm, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
Never try this (add it to my list with things to do)

Here is a example from Jim Rech to hide the ribbon

Sub HideRibbon()
Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro "SHOW.TOOLBAR(""Ribbon"",False)"
End Sub

Sub ShowRibbon()
Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro "SHOW.TOOLBAR(""Ribbon"",True)"

Regards Ron de Bruinhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Carl Hartness" wrote in glegroups.com...
On Excel 2003, my client's spreadsheet used
Application.DisplayFullScreen= True. According to the
DisplayFullScreenhelps, that appropriately hides the application
title bar. With 2007, it no longer does, which changes the appearance
to his users. I don't find another 2007 application object property
which applies. Perhaps the title bar has gone to an xml
implementation similar to the ribbon. Can anyone help?- Hide quoted text -

Hi Ron, thanks for the suggestion.

It seems odd to invoke an Excel4Macro in Excel 12.0, but they do
indeed hide and unhide the ribbon. This will be handy in the future,
since the macro recorder doesn't record anything when hiding the
ribbon from "Customize Quick Access Toolbar" dropdown on the title
bar. Unfortunately, I am trying to hide the title bar and caption.

I made some guesses, substituting Caption and TitleBar for Ribbon, but
didn't stumble upon anything.

Carl.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The real solution seems to be to create a customUI.xml file containing
<ribbon startFromScratch="true" / and incorporate it into the Excel
file. I have the customUI.xml created, but can't figure out how to
incorporate it. I tried opening the Excel file with PKZIP and adding
it, but it probably needs a subfolder.

Anybody know how to incorporate customUI?

On Mar 5, 4:13 am, "Carl Hartness" wrote:
[...]

Carl.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Carl,

Ron gives detailed guidance on his website.

The crux of the matter is that have to use the Custom UI Editor. If
you combine that with using his MenuMaker 1.5 you will find it all
quite easy.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

Regards

Michael Beckinsale