Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Carl Hartness[_2_] Carl Hartness[_2_] is offline

Default Hiding 2007 title bar

On Mar 1, 5:00 pm, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
Never try this (add it to my list with things to do)

Here is a example from Jim Rech to hide the ribbon

Sub HideRibbon()
Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro "SHOW.TOOLBAR(""Ribbon"",False)"
End Sub

Sub ShowRibbon()
Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro "SHOW.TOOLBAR(""Ribbon"",True)"

Regards Ron de Bruinhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Carl Hartness" wrote in glegroups.com...
On Excel 2003, my client's spreadsheet used
Application.DisplayFullScreen= True. According to the
DisplayFullScreenhelps, that appropriately hides the application
title bar. With 2007, it no longer does, which changes the appearance
to his users. I don't find another 2007 application object property
which applies. Perhaps the title bar has gone to an xml
implementation similar to the ribbon. Can anyone help?- Hide quoted text -

Hi Ron, thanks for the suggestion.

It seems odd to invoke an Excel4Macro in Excel 12.0, but they do
indeed hide and unhide the ribbon. This will be handy in the future,
since the macro recorder doesn't record anything when hiding the
ribbon from "Customize Quick Access Toolbar" dropdown on the title
bar. Unfortunately, I am trying to hide the title bar and caption.

I made some guesses, substituting Caption and TitleBar for Ribbon, but
didn't stumble upon anything.

Carl.