Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default UPDATE : Phantom VBA Projects (again)

Hi all,

For those new to this thread; search this NG for "Phantom VBA Projects
(again)" to get the background.

Here's the news:
Uninstalled the 'FastExcel' add-in.
Uninstalled Microstrategy Office.
Completely uninstalled Excel and rebooted.

Reinstall Excel, reboot : all OK
Reinstall FastExcel : all OK
Reinstall Microstrategy Office : NOT OK

The problem is back but at least I can now work with Microstrategy to
resolve the problem.

Maybe this'll help someone else along the way.

Thanks to Jon Peltier and Peter T for their efforts in trying to pin down
this elusive problem.

Giz
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What's Microstrategy Office? What platform is it written on?

Quick Google search leads to:

"...MicroStrategy Office is designed using Microsoft .NET technology..."
http://www.microstrategy.com/Softwar...rfaces/Office/

The third party program implicated in my phantom project issue also used
..NET, which is rather interesting.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Gizmo63" wrote in message
Hi all,

For those new to this thread; search this NG for "Phantom VBA Projects
(again)" to get the background.

Here's the news:
Uninstalled the 'FastExcel' add-in.
Uninstalled Microstrategy Office.
Completely uninstalled Excel and rebooted.

Reinstall Excel, reboot : all OK
Reinstall FastExcel : all OK
Reinstall Microstrategy Office : NOT OK

The problem is back but at least I can now work with Microstrategy to
resolve the problem.

Maybe this'll help someone else along the way.

Thanks to Jon Peltier and Peter T for their efforts in trying to pin down
this elusive problem.

Giz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Curiouser and curiouser!

Microstrategy is a 'business intelligence solution' that, in our case, sits
across an AS400 based retail system. It allows reporting in a more user
friendly way. The Office part allows embedding of queries into spreadsheets
so no cutting and pasting of data dumps. Similar to Cognos Powerplay or
Business Objects.

Can anyone else show a .NET link to these phantoms??

Giz