Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel4 PAGE.SETUP?

I'm in MS Access VBA, trying to work around the very slow access to .PrintSetup
in an Excel doc.

I've been using the old Excel 4 macro "PAGE.SETUP", but suddenly it's gone goofy
on me - not applying .PaperSize for one.

My first guess is that I've fat-fingered the code and don't have the parms lined
up right.

Tried a little Googling, but couldn't find any docs for that macro.

Can anybody say if this parm list looks right?
21 parms:
' PAGE.SETUP(HeaderText,
' FooterText,
' LeftMargin,
' RightMargin,
' TopMargin,
' BotMargin,
' PrintHeadings,
' PrintGridLines,
' CenterHorizontally,
' CenterVertically,
' Orientation,
' PaperSize,
' scale,
' FirstPageNumber,
' pg_order,
' bw_cells,
' PrintQuality,
' HeaderMarginInches,
' FooterMarginInches,
' PrintComments,
' DraftPrintingMode
' )
PeteCresswell
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Looks right to me.

Do you have the help file?

Jim
"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
| I'm in MS Access VBA, trying to work around the very slow access to
..PrintSetup
| in an Excel doc.
|
| I've been using the old Excel 4 macro "PAGE.SETUP", but suddenly it's gone
goofy
| on me - not applying .PaperSize for one.
|
| My first guess is that I've fat-fingered the code and don't have the parms
lined
| up right.
|
| Tried a little Googling, but couldn't find any docs for that macro.
|
| Can anybody say if this parm list looks right?
| 21 parms:
| --------------------------------------------
| ' PAGE.SETUP(HeaderText,
| ' FooterText,
| ' LeftMargin,
| ' RightMargin,
| ' TopMargin,
| ' BotMargin,
| ' PrintHeadings,
| ' PrintGridLines,
| ' CenterHorizontally,
| ' CenterVertically,
| ' Orientation,
| ' PaperSize,
| ' scale,
| ' FirstPageNumber,
| ' pg_order,
| ' bw_cells,
| ' PrintQuality,
| ' HeaderMarginInches,
| ' FooterMarginInches,
| ' PrintComments,
| ' DraftPrintingMode
| ' )
| ------------------------------------------------
| --
| PeteCresswell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Per Jim Rech:
Looks right to me.

Do you have the help file?

No, I didn't. Thanks for the link.

Just downloaded/installed it.

Now I've got to figure out how to get to it.... not having any other Office 2k
components installed.
--
PeteCresswell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Further to Tom - I created a desktop shortcut for opening the XL4 macros
help file.

--
Jim
"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
| Per Jim Rech:
| Looks right to me.
|
| Do you have the help file?
|
| http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...475331033.aspx
|
| No, I didn't. Thanks for the link.
|
| Just downloaded/installed it.
|
| Now I've got to figure out how to get to it.... not having any other
Office 2k
| components installed.
| --
| PeteCresswell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Per Jim Rech:
Further to Tom - I created a desktop shortcut for opening the XL4 macros
help file.

Thanks. Took awhile for it to dawn on me that it was "XLMACRO.CHM" in the
Office\1033 dir.

I just copied it to a "$Tools" folder that I keep in my development drive.
--
PeteCresswell