Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Deploying templates

Hi,

I need to deploy several Excel template to a customer machine. I want to
deploy them to Templates-Installed Templates. I have copied the templates
to %ProgramFiles%\Office\Templates but it is not enough, Excel 2007 does not
show them.

Please, could you tell me which additional steps must I to perform to get it
working ?

Regards

Jesús López

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jesús,
Can't say for sure about 2007 version, but you can try these for previous
versions:

There the Office wide setting, that is not visible in the Excel
OptionsGeneral (but is visible in Word's) shown by
?application.NetworkTemplatesPath

C:\Documents and Settings\{UserName}\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates
Again this is visble in Word's Options but not Excel's, shown by
?application.TemplatesPath

NickHK

"Jesús López" wrote in message

I need to deploy several Excel template to a customer machine. I want to
deploy them to Templates-Installed Templates. I have copied the templates
to %ProgramFiles%\Office\Templates but it is not enough, Excel 2007 does

not
show them.

Please, could you tell me which additional steps must I to perform to get

it
working ?

Regards

Jesús López

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

NickHK, Thanks for your response.

However I don't want to deploy the templates to "user templates" I want the
templates to be available for all users.

There are several Excel templates in %ProgramFiles%\Office\Templates which
are showed when you choose File-New- Installed templates. I guess these
are machine wide templates available for every user.

I have done the following experiment: delete one predefined template from
%ProgramFiles%\Office\Templates, and then choosing File-New-Installed
templates. Excel still show the template, but with a X sign, meaning it is
not available yet. I guess Excel stores a reference to installed or
predefined templates somewhere on the machine.

Where Excel stores information on predefined templates?

Is it possible to add new Excel predefined templates ?

How can I add a predefined or installed template in Excel 2007 and Excel
2003?

Regards:

Jesús López

"NickHK" escribió en el mensaje
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Then look into using Application.NetworkTemplatesPath and making sure each
user has this set to the same shared folder. You can set it with e.g.:
Application.NetworkTemplatesPath="L:\\SharedTempla tes\"