Will Butler

Default Deploying “Analysis ToolPak”

I have used group policy to deploy Office 2003 to a lab environment. I
want to make available for all users, by default, the Excel Add-in
“Analysis ToolPak”. What is the most efficient way to accomplish this?
Thanks.

-Will
cjl11

Any luck on this topic?
I am looking to do the same thing with no success.

Carl

"Will Butler" wrote:

I have used group policy to deploy Office 2003 to a lab environment. I
want to make available for all users, by default, the Excel Add-in
€śAnalysis ToolPak€ť. What is the most efficient way to accomplish this?
Thanks.

-Will

Jack in the UK

I am not so sure Microsoft give the Analysis ToolPak XLA away as a
freebie it ships with Office of cause and any other such use i am sure
will ne a litle naught, and i do not think the XLA will allow sharing
on netwoks, you need one per Workstation or a corperate licence for
work deployments.

You need the Office Media buddy

Jack

Might be worth checking the Microsoft web site and see if you can
download it for free there if so shoot use it as you like if not ,,, as
above.

--
Jack in the UK

Jack in the UK

I have make a post here

http://tinyurl.com/4somr

Hope this offers some help

Jack

--
Jack in the UK

Will Butler

I have a volume license and have already deployed a full install to each
workstation. The Analysis ToolPak is already installed on the machines.
What I am trying to accomplish is to have, by default for all users, the
ToolPak added to excel automatically. I would like a new user to be able
to sit down, logon, and have the "Data Analysis" option already under
the Tool menu. I don't want them to have to goto Add-ins. and select
data analysis.

-Will

Jack in the UK wrote:
I am not so sure Microsoft give the Analysis ToolPak XLA away as a
freebie it ships with Office of cause and any other such use i am sure
will ne a litle naught, and i do not think the XLA will allow sharing
on netwoks, you need one per Workstation or a corperate licence for
work deployments.

You need the Office Media buddy

Jack

Might be worth checking the Microsoft web site and see if you can
download it for free there if so shoot use it as you like if not ,,, as
above.

--
Jack in the UK

Will Butler

I tracked down the registry key that turns on the Data Analysis tool and
have used a logon script to enable it for all users. The Key is:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\E xcel\Options]
"OPEN"="/R \"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft
Office\\OFFICE11\\Library\\Analysis\\ANALYS32.XLL\ ""

It shouldn't be too tough to do the same for any other add-ins you need.

-Will