Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Deploying templates

Then look into using Application.NetworkTemplatesPath and making sure each
user has this set to the same shared folder. You can set it with e.g.:
Application.NetworkTemplatesPath="L:\\SharedTempla tes\"

NickHK

"Jesús López" wrote in message
NickHK, Thanks for your response.

However I don't want to deploy the templates to "user templates" I want

the
templates to be available for all users.

There are several Excel templates in %ProgramFiles%\Office\Templates which
are showed when you choose File-New- Installed templates. I guess these
are machine wide templates available for every user.

I have done the following experiment: delete one predefined template from
%ProgramFiles%\Office\Templates, and then choosing File-New-Installed
templates. Excel still show the template, but with a X sign, meaning it is
not available yet. I guess Excel stores a reference to installed or
predefined templates somewhere on the machine.

Where Excel stores information on predefined templates?

Is it possible to add new Excel predefined templates ?

How can I add a predefined or installed template in Excel 2007 and Excel
2003?

Regards:

Jesús López

"NickHK" escribió en el mensaje
Jesús,
Can't say for sure about 2007 version, but you can try these for

previous
versions:

There the Office wide setting, that is not visible in the Excel
OptionsGeneral (but is visible in Word's) shown by
?application.NetworkTemplatesPath

C:\Documents and Settings\{UserName}\Application

Data\Microsoft\Templates
Again this is visble in Word's Options but not Excel's, shown by
?application.TemplatesPath

NickHK

"Jesús López" wrote in message

I need to deploy several Excel template to a customer machine. I want

deploy them to Templates-Installed Templates. I have copied the
templates
to %ProgramFiles%\Office\Templates but it is not enough, Excel 2007

does
not
show them.

Please, could you tell me which additional steps must I to perform to

get
it
working ?

Regards