Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Allow a file to open on no more than 3 computers

Is there a macro or function that will limit the number of computers
that a file can open and operate on, regardless of how many times the
file has been renamed? I prefer to limit the number of computers to 3
if possible. Thanks.

Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Unless you were using some type of central registry, there would be no easy
way for a macro to determine how many computers a file was installed on,
particularly if it is renamed. Even if there was, any macro based solution
could be easily defeated.

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
ps.com...
Is there a macro or function that will limit the number of computers
that a file can open and operate on, regardless of how many times the
file has been renamed? I prefer to limit the number of computers to 3
if possible. Thanks.

Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Oh well. Thanks anyway.