Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Same file & printer, different computers & results

We are networked and bring up the same excel file on different computers. We
send to the same printer and get different results. The row height is
slightly larger (higher) on some of the reports creating a second page in
some cases. We have tried 6 different computers with 3 having the exact same
result and another 3 having the exact same result which is different from the
first 3.
There are different combinations of operating systems and Excel versions.
They are either Windows XP Pro or Windows 2000 and Excel 2000 or 2002.
However, computers with the exact same combinations still have different
results.
Does anyone know what would cause some computers to print larger row heights
than others?
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Same file, same printer?

First thing I'd do is check if the printer driver versions are the same
across all machines.

No idea what the 2nd thing would be...

HTH

"Bob Johnson" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob Johnson wrote:

We are networked and bring up the same excel file on different computers. We
send to the same printer and get different results. The row height is
slightly larger (higher) on some of the reports creating a second page in
some cases. We have tried 6 different computers with 3 having the exact same
result and another 3 having the exact same result which is different from the
first 3.
There are different combinations of operating systems and Excel versions.
They are either Windows XP Pro or Windows 2000 and Excel 2000 or 2002.
However, computers with the exact same combinations still have different
results.
Does anyone know what would cause some computers to print larger row heights
than others?
Thank you.

FWIW I have frequently have different results printing from Windows 2000
vs Windows XP. Now if it is the same operating system where the changes
occur, please reload the printer drivers for the operating system in
question. I have had Windows XP "update" to an incorrect/different
version resulting in inconsistencies between otherwise "same settings".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Bob I" wrote:

Bob Johnson wrote:

[...]

Thanks, but no difference. I updated the driver on the networked printer and
then deleted and added the printer on 2 computers that do not match. They are
printing the same as before and still do not match. There does not seem to be
any correlation between operating systems and printing. We have 3 machines
with Windows XP Pro and Office XP with 1 printing differently than the
others. It's as though the row height is 1 more on some computers. In one
report we have several rows with a height of 60 but when you line them up
it's as though 1 computer is printing at 61, even though we have checked that
they are all 60.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

We figured out what the problem was and it is rather obvious once discovered.
The DPI settings, in Display Settings, were different on the various
machines. Once all settings were the same the reports matched.