Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro to save data in one cell and add new data in cell below etc

Hi,

(Using xl03) I work on 3 worksheets. When I input data on w/sheet 1, it is
automatically entered onto worksheet 2 & 3. I run a macro on w/sheet 2 to
retain the data from w/sheet 1 but to also insert a new line (hence data
moves down 1 cell and if I input new data from w/sheet 1, this is now in the
'inserted' line in w/sheet 2 and so on.

My problem is with w/sheet 3. I need a macro that retains the data from
w/sheet 1 (similar to above macro), but rather than inserting a new line, I
want the new data in the cell below it and so on.

Any suggestions will be muchly appreciated.
--
KLEM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro to save data in one cell and add new data in cell below

Too tough for me to understand without the data. Try recording a macro on
sheet 3 that does what you want, then look at the code in the module that was
created, adapt or copy/paste it, that or e-mail me your workbook.
--
-John Northwest11
is helpful.

"KLEM" wrote:

Hi John,

The macro I'm using for w/sheet 2 is:
Range("C12").Select
Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown
Range("C13").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("C12").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormulas, Operation:=xlNone, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
Range("C13").Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Range("C12").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=Menu!R[-1]C"

Yes - I'm trying to do the same thing with w/sheet 3 but only
post data one cell down rather than insert a new row.

Just can't get my head around to figuring how to do it.

--
KLEM