Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LS194

Default How do I get excel to save after data is entered in a certain cell

I have a shared spreadsheet that is used by people on a call center.

In order to ensure none of the users, some of whom are not particularly
computer literate, don't save data over the top of each other I'd like to get
the sheet to save automatically after they enter the first cell of data- thus
removing the need to resolve conflicts, and more importantly them being
required to select the right course of action after a conflict comes up, or
else lose their data.

I am assuming it will be some form of macro, but don't know which commands
would be applicable.

I am using Excel in Office 2003 pro.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rich

i was also looking at how to perorm this , the best i came up with was
setting the autosave function to save once a min,,, which worked for a while,,

now i have a save button on the sheet,,,which points to a macro and then
trained the staff to use it each time they entered the first line

Sub quicksave()
ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=NAME_OF_FILE
End Sub

but to be honest, thats no quicker than them hitting the save option thats
already in excell and requires the save disapline by your staff