Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hidden macro

Hi. When I go to share my workbook, I receive a message that "This workbook
contains macros recorded or written in visual basic. Macros cannot be viewed
or edited in shared workbooks."

I have written macros with this workbook before, but believe I have deleted
them all. When I look in the modules, I do not see any. Any ideas why I
still get this message?

Thanks,
Mike.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi, again.

I was able to get this to disappear by completely deleting the modules
associated with the workbook. I still don't understand why this was
occurring, though ..

Thanks,
Mike.

"Mike D." wrote:

Hi. When I go to share my workbook, I receive a message that "This workbook
contains macros recorded or written in visual basic. Macros cannot be viewed
or edited in shared workbooks."

I have written macros with this workbook before, but believe I have deleted
them all. When I look in the modules, I do not see any. Any ideas why I
still get this message?

Thanks,
Mike.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mike

Excel doesn't look at the contents of the Standard modules - it simply
checks if they exist (if they do - it gives the warning). So as you
rightly found, you need to remove them from the workbook to avoid that
message.

Best regards

Richard

"Mike D." wrote:

Hi. When I go to share my workbook, I receive a message that "This workbook
contains macros recorded or written in visual basic. Macros cannot be viewed
or edited in shared workbooks."

I have written macros with this workbook before, but believe I have deleted
them all. When I look in the modules, I do not see any. Any ideas why I
still get this message?

Thanks,
Mike.

hidden macro? [email protected] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 January 2nd 07 08:09 PM
Hidden Macro Remington Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 June 9th 06 09:47 PM
Hidden Macro peebar Excel Programming 4 September 10th 04 03:08 PM
Redundant Macro warning or hidden macro? MattF Excel Programming 1 January 14th 04 12:14 PM
Hidden macro Don[_14_] Excel Programming 3 December 1st 03 07:22 PM