Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Redundant Macro warning or hidden macro?

I'm using XL2000. I have a problem with some files that were created b
someone else that give the usual "xxx.xls contains macros" warnin
message upon opening. I only get this message in 3 or 4 files.

The trouble is that as far as I can see there are no macros in th
file.

Places and things that I've checked:

- Tools--Macros (shows nothing listed)
- Tools -- Visual Basic Editor (shows no modules)
- Edit -- links (nothing shown)
- Tools -- Add-ins (nothing selected)
- Insert -- Name -- Define (contains only a lable for the define
"print area"
- Tools -- Styles (can't see anything that shouldn't be here)

Grateful for any guidance in tracking down this "hidden" macro

Thanks,
Mat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have You checked the objects (sheets and ThisWorkbook) in
VB Editor. There might be some macros in those too.

I'm using XL2000. I have a problem with some files that

were created by
someone else that give the usual "xxx.xls contains

macros" warning
message upon opening. I only get this message in 3 or 4

files.

The trouble is that as far as I can see there are no

macros in the
file.

Places and things that I've checked:

- Tools--Macros (shows nothing listed)
- Tools -- Visual Basic Editor (shows no modules)
- Edit -- links (nothing shown)
- Tools -- Add-ins (nothing selected)
- Insert -- Name -- Define (contains only a lable for

the defined
"print area"
- Tools -- Styles (can't see anything that shouldn't

be here)

Grateful for any guidance in tracking down this "hidden"

macro

Thanks,
Matt

---