-   -   Redundant Macro warning or hidden macro? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/287851-redundant-macro-warning-hidden-macro.html)

MattF

Redundant Macro warning or hidden macro?

I'm using XL2000. I have a problem with some files that were created b
someone else that give the usual "xxx.xls contains macros" warnin
message upon opening. I only get this message in 3 or 4 files.

The trouble is that as far as I can see there are no macros in th
file.

Places and things that I've checked:

- Tools--Macros (shows nothing listed)
- Tools -- Visual Basic Editor (shows no modules)
- Edit -- links (nothing shown)
- Tools -- Add-ins (nothing selected)
- Insert -- Name -- Define (contains only a lable for the define
"print area"
- Tools -- Styles (can't see anything that shouldn't be here)

Grateful for any guidance in tracking down this "hidden" macro

Thanks,
Mat

Ecco[_4_]

Redundant Macro warning or hidden macro?

Have You checked the objects (sheets and ThisWorkbook) in
VB Editor. There might be some macros in those too.

I'm using XL2000. I have a problem with some files that

were created by
someone else that give the usual "xxx.xls contains

macros" warning
message upon opening. I only get this message in 3 or 4

files.

The trouble is that as far as I can see there are no

macros in the
file.

Places and things that I've checked:

- Tools--Macros (shows nothing listed)
- Tools -- Visual Basic Editor (shows no modules)
- Edit -- links (nothing shown)
- Tools -- Add-ins (nothing selected)
- Insert -- Name -- Define (contains only a lable for

the defined
"print area"
- Tools -- Styles (can't see anything that shouldn't

be here)

Grateful for any guidance in tracking down this "hidden"

macro

Thanks,
Matt

---