Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Remington

Default Hidden Macro

I have a excel file that was converted from Excel 97 to 03. At first I
was getting an error, but fixed it by removing hidden names. Now I am
still getting a security warning saying there is a macro in the file,
but none show up on the macro list and there were no macros on it to
begin with. Any ideas on how to remove this hidden macro? Thanks

--
Remington
Remington's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35268

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T Kirtley

The security warning means that there is a module in the workbook, even if
there is no code in the module. If you press Alt^F11 the VB editor will open,
and the project explorer will list all open workbooks and the objects and
modules they contain. If you remove the module for the workbook in question
the security warning should not come up any more.

TK

"Remington" wrote:

I have a excel file that was converted from Excel 97 to 03. At first I
was getting an error, but fixed it by removing hidden names. Now I am
still getting a security warning saying there is a macro in the file,
but none show up on the macro list and there were no macros on it to
begin with. Any ideas on how to remove this hidden macro? Thanks

--
Remington
Remington's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35268
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=550430