abrogard

Default Copy without Hidden Cols - How

I hide different columns on my spreadsheet to make different smaller
sheets that I can print out and that demonstrate particular aspects of
the overall thing.

This is no problem when printing.

But when I want to send by email I find I cannot copy these smaller
sheets - every attempt at a copy will also copy the hidden columns.

How to copy a spreadsheet and NOT pick up the hidden columns?

I realise this might be nearly impossible or considered useless because
no hidden columns would mean either making the copy with blank hidden
columns or altering all formulas to suit a sheet which now does not
have all the original columns.

But I'd be prepared to work on such a sheet myself - e.g. the copied
sheet might have only one column of fomulas - all of which are now
useless if hidden columns have been deleted - but it would be easy for
me to rewrite that one column - copy one new formula down.

As it is I get the whole sheet - all the hidden columns. Then I have
to delete them and rewrite. Only a few more mouseclicks, I admit - but
I'm wondering if there is an easier, knowing just how clever excel can
be sometimes.

And now I suddenly realise I don't know if the emailed recipient would
get a sheet with the hidden columns still hidden? If he would I could
tell him to be careful and retain the hidden columns as hidden - in
fact to print out immediately and see what I'm trying to show him.

Any ideas on all this?

regards,

ab :)

--
abrogard
abrogard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24236

ScottO

After you've selected the area that you want to copy (including the
hidden cols/rows), hit the function key F5 and click the button
labelled "Special" and then select the option "Visible cells Only".
Then copy and paste as normal.
That should do what you want.
If it does, and you need to do it often, you can put a tool on your
toolbar to do it in one click.
The tool looks like a 2 x 2 stack of little black boxes with white
borders.
Rgds,
ScottO