Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Number stored as text error message

I have created a macro in vba to input a "string of numbers" into a
cell.
-Some of the numbers in the string have leading zeros so I have
formatted the cell type as "text."
-Excel gives me this green tick mark at the top right corner of the
cell showing a Number Stored as Text error.
-How do I suppress the green tick mark from not ever coming up?

Does anybody know how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, I should have been more clear...

Is there any vba code I could use in my macro to suppress that green
tick mark no matter who is using the file?

Gary Keramidas wrote:
tools/options and on the error checking tab uncheck number stored as text

--

Gary

"prahz" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have created a macro in vba to input a "string of numbers" into a
cell.
-Some of the numbers in the string have leading zeros so I have
formatted the cell type as "text."
-Excel gives me this green tick mark at the top right corner of the
cell showing a Number Stored as Text error.
-How do I suppress the green tick mark from not ever coming up?

Does anybody know how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

then use Charles's suggestion

--

Gary

ups.com...

Gary Keramidas wrote:
tools/options and on the error checking tab uncheck number stored as text

--

Gary

"prahz" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have created a macro in vba to input a "string of numbers" into a
cell.
-Some of the numbers in the string have leading zeros so I have
formatted the cell type as "text."
-Excel gives me this green tick mark at the top right corner of the
cell showing a Number Stored as Text error.
-How do I suppress the green tick mark from not ever coming up?

Does anybody know how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Huh?

Who is Charles and what was his suggestion?

Gary Keramidas wrote:
then use Charles's suggestion

--

Gary

ups.com...

Gary Keramidas wrote:
tools/options and on the error checking tab uncheck number stored as text

--

Gary

"prahz" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have created a macro in vba to input a "string of numbers" into a
cell.
-Some of the numbers in the string have leading zeros so I have
formatted the cell type as "text."
-Excel gives me this green tick mark at the top right corner of the
cell showing a Number Stored as Text error.
-How do I suppress the green tick mark from not ever coming up?

Does anybody know how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That would be me. For some dumb reason when I post from Microsoft's
newsgroups the post's don't always show up in Google groups. My
suggestion was this:
Here's a possibility:
Application.ErrorCheckingOptions.NumberAsText = False
--
Charles Chickering

"A good example is twice the value of good advice."

"prahz" wrote:

I have created a macro in vba to input a "string of numbers" into a
cell.
-Some of the numbers in the string have leading zeros so I have
formatted the cell type as "text."
-Excel gives me this green tick mark at the top right corner of the
cell showing a Number Stored as Text error.
-How do I suppress the green tick mark from not ever coming up?

Does anybody know how to do this?

Charles

Gary Keramidas wrote:
then use Charles's suggestion

--

Gary

ups.com...

Gary Keramidas wrote:
tools/options and on the error checking tab uncheck number stored as text

--

Gary

"prahz" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have created a macro in vba to input a "string of numbers" into a
cell.
-Some of the numbers in the string have leading zeros so I have
formatted the cell type as "text."
-Excel gives me this green tick mark at the top right corner of the
cell showing a Number Stored as Text error.
-How do I suppress the green tick mark from not ever coming up?

Does anybody know how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you that worked.

I put it in the Sub Auto_Open() Function of my workbook.

Gary Keramidas wrote:
then use Charles's suggestion

--

Gary

ups.com...

Gary Keramidas wrote:
tools/options and on the error checking tab uncheck number stored as text

--

Gary

"prahz" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have created a macro in vba to input a "string of numbers" into a
cell.
-Some of the numbers in the string have leading zeros so I have
formatted the cell type as "text."
-Excel gives me this green tick mark at the top right corner of the
cell showing a Number Stored as Text error.
-How do I suppress the green tick mark from not ever coming up?

Does anybody know how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you that worked.

I put it in Sub Auto_Open() and it turned it off on startup

Gary Keramidas wrote:
then use Charles's suggestion

--

Gary

ups.com...

Gary Keramidas wrote:
tools/options and on the error checking tab uncheck number stored as text

--

Gary

"prahz" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have created a macro in vba to input a "string of numbers" into a
cell.
-Some of the numbers in the string have leading zeros so I have
formatted the cell type as "text."
-Excel gives me this green tick mark at the top right corner of the
cell showing a Number Stored as Text error.
-How do I suppress the green tick mark from not ever coming up?

Does anybody know how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is Application code and will affect all workbooks.

Why don't you just go into ToolsOptionsError Checking and uncheck it there?

Gary Keramidas wrote:
then use Charles's suggestion

--

Gary

ups.com...

Gary Keramidas wrote:
tools/options and on the error checking tab uncheck number stored as text

--

Gary

"prahz" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have created a macro in vba to input a "string of numbers" into a
cell.
-Some of the numbers in the string have leading zeros so I have
formatted the cell type as "text."
-Excel gives me this green tick mark at the top right corner of the
cell showing a Number Stored as Text error.
-How do I suppress the green tick mark from not ever coming up?

Does anybody know how to do this?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP