Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
prahz prahz is offline

Default Number stored as text error message

Huh?

Who is Charles and what was his suggestion?

Gary Keramidas wrote:
then use Charles's suggestion

--

Gary

"prahz" wrote in message
ups.com...
Sorry, I should have been more clear...

Is there any vba code I could use in my macro to suppress that green
tick mark no matter who is using the file?

Gary Keramidas wrote:
tools/options and on the error checking tab uncheck number stored as text

--

Gary

"prahz" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have created a macro in vba to input a "string of numbers" into a
cell.
-Some of the numbers in the string have leading zeros so I have
formatted the cell type as "text."
-Excel gives me this green tick mark at the top right corner of the
cell showing a Number Stored as Text error.
-How do I suppress the green tick mark from not ever coming up?

Does anybody know how to do this?