Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Number stored as text

Hi!
I want to make a Custom list in order to sort some data. I have this problem
now - I can't make a Custom list of numbers but only of text cells. So, when
I try to make text out of my numbers, I can't do it otherwise but to type it
again, and that's a list of 500 numbers and it is difficult. So, is there a
simpler way of turning numbers into the text???
Ana

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ok, that is obviously NOT working. I do that but when I try to make custom
list out of that kind of text, it just is not working. Try it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You might try Data/ Text to Columns
Alternatively, you could copy a blank cell, then select your text numbers,
and Edit/ Paste Special/ Add.
If those don't work, you might need to look at your text in detail to see
what sort of spaces, non-breaking spaces, or other characters are in there
and need replacing.
--
David Biddulph