Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Number Stored as text Error

I'm trying to write a macro but one column show those little green things
that shows that I have an Error (Number Stored as text ). I don't know a lot
of VB so I'm recording and touching here and there the VB. I cannot record
the comand that changes it to number when I click in the little thing in the
cell that contains the error. If I go to format cell and change it to number
the error stays there. The problem is that if I have that error VLOOKUP does
not work properly. Does anybody could understand what I tried to say? Can
somebody help me?

Thanks,

Marcelo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

And are you going to show us the VBA code that puts this data into the
cells?
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Torero" wrote in message
I'm trying to write a macro but one column show those little green things
that shows that I have an Error (Number Stored as text ). I don't know a
lot
of VB so I'm recording and touching here and there the VB. I cannot record
the comand that changes it to number when I click in the little thing in
the
cell that contains the error. If I go to format cell and change it to
number
the error stays there. The problem is that if I have that error VLOOKUP
does
not work properly. Does anybody could understand what I tried to say? Can
somebody help me?

Thanks,

Marcelo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=LEFT(RC[-1],LEN(RC[-1])-1)"
Range("D2").Select

Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("D2:D10000")
Range("D2:D10000").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False

I have a column with PN's that has one digit in the end, so I using a
formula to take that digit of and I'm pasting it as value. I hope this
clarify what I'm trying to do.