Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Accessing Analysis Toolpak functions

Hello all,

How do I access (or even find out which) functions that are in Analysis ToolPak (FUNCRES.XLA) & Analysis ToolPak - VBA
(ATPVBAEN.XLA)?

Specifically, I'm looking for the WORKDAY function.

Application.WorksheetFunction. 'WORKDAY does not show up in the list

--
Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Conan Kelly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Conan,

ToolsAdd-ins, check Analysis Toolpak
Then, back in your worksheet: InsertFunctionDate & Time

The symbol next to InsertFunction, fx, can be found at several other places, depending on your version of Excel and your visible
toolbars. Often it is located next to the Formula bar.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Conan Kelly" wrote in message ...
| Hello all,
|
| How do I access (or even find out which) functions that are in Analysis ToolPak (FUNCRES.XLA) & Analysis ToolPak - VBA
| (ATPVBAEN.XLA)?
|
| Specifically, I'm looking for the WORKDAY function.
|
| Application.WorksheetFunction. 'WORKDAY does not show up in the list
|

| --
| Thanks for any help anyone can provide,
|
| Conan Kelly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Niek Otten,

Thanks for the feedback, but I guess that I should clarify:

How do I access (or see the contents) of Analysis ToolPak & Analysis ToolPak - VBA...FROM WITHIN VBA.

I want to use the functions in VBA. Like I mentioned int the orig. post, when I type "Application.WorksheetFunction.", the WORKDAY
function does not show up in the list that pops up in VBA.

I need the code to access the functions from these add-in's.

I'm just guessing, I assume that the Analysis ToolPak - VBA is just the Analysis ToolPak functions duplicated, but for VBA instead
of Excel worksheets. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thnaks again for all of your help,

Conan

"Niek Otten" wrote in message ...
Hi Conan,

ToolsAdd-ins, check Analysis Toolpak
Then, back in your worksheet: InsertFunctionDate & Time

The symbol next to InsertFunction, fx, can be found at several other places, depending on your version of Excel and your visible
toolbars. Often it is located next to the Formula bar.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Conan Kelly" wrote in message ...
| Hello all,
|
| How do I access (or even find out which) functions that are in Analysis ToolPak (FUNCRES.XLA) & Analysis ToolPak - VBA
| (ATPVBAEN.XLA)?
|
| Specifically, I'm looking for the WORKDAY function.
|
| Application.WorksheetFunction. 'WORKDAY does not show up in the list
|

| --
| Thanks for any help anyone can provide,
|
| Conan Kelly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Conan,

If you want to access an ATP function that is available in VBA, omit the "Application.WorksheetFunction." part. Just use it as an
intrinsic VBA function.
First, make sure the ATP version of the add-in is loaded: In the worksheet, ToolsAddins, check Analysis Toolpak - VBA
In the VBE: ToolsReferences, check atpvben.xls

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Conan Kelly" wrote in message ...
| Niek Otten,
|
| Thanks for the feedback, but I guess that I should clarify:
|
| How do I access (or see the contents) of Analysis ToolPak & Analysis ToolPak - VBA...FROM WITHIN VBA.
|
| I want to use the functions in VBA. Like I mentioned int the orig. post, when I type "Application.WorksheetFunction.", the
WORKDAY
| function does not show up in the list that pops up in VBA.
|
| I need the code to access the functions from these add-in's.
|
| I'm just guessing, I assume that the Analysis ToolPak - VBA is just the Analysis ToolPak functions duplicated, but for VBA
instead
| of Excel worksheets. Please correct me if I am wrong.
|
| Thnaks again for all of your help,
|
| Conan
|

| "Niek Otten" wrote in message ...
| Hi Conan,
|
| ToolsAdd-ins, check Analysis Toolpak
| Then, back in your worksheet: InsertFunctionDate & Time
|
| The symbol next to InsertFunction, fx, can be found at several other places, depending on your version of Excel and your
visible
| toolbars. Often it is located next to the Formula bar.
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|
| "Conan Kelly" wrote in message ...
| | Hello all,
| |
| | How do I access (or even find out which) functions that are in Analysis ToolPak (FUNCRES.XLA) & Analysis ToolPak - VBA
| | (ATPVBAEN.XLA)?
| |
| | Specifically, I'm looking for the WORKDAY function.
| |
| | Application.WorksheetFunction. 'WORKDAY does not show up in the list
| |
| |
| | --
| | Thanks for any help anyone can provide,
| |
| | Conan Kelly
| |
| |

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Conan,

With the ATP-VBA add-in loaded, open the VBA editor, press F2 to display the
object browser, and select ATPVBAEN in the top dropdown in find section of
the Object Browser. You'll see the list of functions that are in ATPVBA. You
can't see the code, and even if you could see the code, there's nothing much
to see. ATPVBAEN is just a bunch of Application.Run statements.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson