Nige

Default Why can't I see Analysis Toolpak functions when I have loaded it .

I've added the Analysis Toolpak via Tools, Addins, yet Excel doesn't seem to
have loaded the addin. I don't have access to the toolpak's functions, and
the Data Analysis option doesn't appear on the Tools menu, suggesting it
hasn't been loaded up - yet the check box remains ticked in the Tools Addin
window. Any ideas why Excel doesn't seem to be recognising/loading the addin?
Gary Brown

Just a thought,
Do you have any other add-ins running that may be re-setting the command bar
to it's default?
Gary Brown

"Nige" wrote:

I've added the Analysis Toolpak via Tools, Addins, yet Excel doesn't seem to
have loaded the addin. I don't have access to the toolpak's functions, and
the Data Analysis option doesn't appear on the Tools menu, suggesting it
hasn't been loaded up - yet the check box remains ticked in the Tools Addin
window. Any ideas why Excel doesn't seem to be recognising/loading the addin?

Nige

Thanks for the thought Gary - but no, in fact the thing that alerted me to
the problem was a sheet I created which checks for and loads up the Toolpak
addins. I tried re-starting Excel and Windows and using new workbooks etc to
double check nothing I had open was affecting it. The confusing thing is
it's checked as loaded, and there's no error message, but no sign of any of
the functions... Only clue I can think of is that it's only just started
happening out of the blue, and there's a possibility other people have saved
the workbook (that needs the toolpak functions) as a previous version of
Excel - but this has never been a problem before.
Nige

"Nige" wrote:

I've added the Analysis Toolpak via Tools, Addins, yet Excel doesn't seem to
have loaded the addin. I don't have access to the toolpak's functions, and
the Data Analysis option doesn't appear on the Tools menu, suggesting it
hasn't been loaded up - yet the check box remains ticked in the Tools Addin
window. Any ideas why Excel doesn't seem to be recognising/loading the addin?

Duke Carey

From Excel, press Alt-F11 to call up the Visual Basic Editor. Make sure the
Project Explorer is displayed in the top left - it will list all the open
workbooks.

If funcres.xla IS NOT listed, then it isn't installed/opened. If it is
listed, then it's installed but not working properly.

After testing to see whether it's there, report back to the newsgroup and
wait for a reply from somebody with more experience than I have.

"Nige" wrote:

I've added the Analysis Toolpak via Tools, Addins, yet Excel doesn't seem to
have loaded the addin. I don't have access to the toolpak's functions, and
the Data Analysis option doesn't appear on the Tools menu, suggesting it
hasn't been loaded up - yet the check box remains ticked in the Tools Addin
window. Any ideas why Excel doesn't seem to be recognising/loading the addin?

Nige

You could be on to something there.. I've occasionally had error messages
about funcres.xla, I think saying it couldn't be loaded, when I was closing
Excel (or maybe closing windows, can't remember for sure) and haven't tracked
it all to see what the pattern is. I didn't know funcres was related to
addin functionality - useful to know, thanks.

I didn't check what you suggest before I found a fix - I unchecked Toolpak
addin and then closed XL, reopened, reloaded Toolpak and it started working
again - but doubtless the problem will arise again so if/when it does I'll
see if funcres appears and post back.

Thanks again,
Nige

From Excel, press Alt-F11 to call up the Visual Basic Editor. Make sure the