Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default translateIT updated. Autotranslates Analysis Toolpak functions

FYI

I've added a routine to translateIT that updates all analysis toolpak
functions in the activeworkbook from a "foreign" file to local language.

It is a basic search and replace on the error cells in the sheets.
No extensive parsing/verification, (but I do the longer strings
first..). Be aware it's not foolproof, so be sure to verify before
overwiting your original files.

get it here...
http://members.chello.nl/keepitcool/download.html

Let me know what you think.

It's similar to (but a lot faster than) the autolocalize routine in the
ATP translator from Eric Desart at acousticsnoise.com (downloading from
his site has been impossible for months and people were asking for
this functionality)
Ron de bruin is now hosting a copy of the original atptranslator at:
http://www.rondebruin.com/atptranslator.htm

--
keepITcool

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KL KL is offline

Hey keepITcool,

Just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for this "very-cool-tool".
TranslateIt made it possible for me to post in English, Spanish, Portuguese,
Italian and Russian NG's, something that would be a nightmare (if possible
at all) should I have to translate my formulae manually as, in spite of the
fact that I speak or understand all those languages, I have never used any
Excel interface, but English :-)

Regards,
KL

"keepITcool" wrote in message
.com...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thx!.

FYI..

I've just uploaded a revised version.
I wasn't happy with the (crude) Search & Replace for ATP repair..

Current routine:

Index all error formulas and the ranges in which they are used.
Translate the ATP functions in the formulas
(using regex to prevent substrings being replaced)
Update the formulas in the sheet

and guess what.. more precision..and faster :)

--
keepITcool

the ATP translator from Eric Desart at acousticsnoise.com

www.XLsupport.com | keepITcool chello nl | amsterdam