Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DB DB is offline

Default Using Time

I want my worksheet to display the following time format....

Cell A.....Start time in Hours/Minutes eg 08.50

Cell B....Finish Time in Hours/Minutes eg 17.35

Cell C would = Cell B - Cell A .....showing the Hours/Minutes someone is at
work.

I dont need to display the seconds as we arent that picky.

Im using UK time too

Thanks for any help...

Dave :)

P.S. I did try to post this earlier but it seems to have disappeared - if
both somehow manage to appear then my apologies cos I didnt mean to "multi
Post"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One way would be to have two Command BUttons - "Start" and "Finish"
Highlight the affected cells.
Click "Format\Cells\Time\13:30"
in Cell "C"
= B2 - A2

In a module:

Sub CommandButton1_Click() ' "Start"
Range("A2").activate
Activecell = Now()
End Sub

Sub CommandButton2_Click() "Finish"
Range("B2").activate
Activecell = Now()
Best wishes,

Jim

"DB" wrote:

I want my worksheet to display the following time format....

Cell A.....Start time in Hours/Minutes eg 08.50

Cell B....Finish Time in Hours/Minutes eg 17.35

Cell C would = Cell B - Cell A .....showing the Hours/Minutes someone is at
work.

I dont need to display the seconds as we arent that picky.

Im using UK time too

Thanks for any help...

Dave :)

P.S. I did try to post this earlier but it seems to have disappeared - if
both somehow manage to appear then my apologies cos I didnt mean to "multi
Post"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DB DB is offline

Bob......when I goto format...the option is Time and then the available
choices are HRS/Mins/Seconds.....

Im selecting the area im using,,,,,,then in the Blue'd out area......right
click......select Time.......

but it includes seconds.......and if I type something like 07.45 it gets
displayed as 10.48.00 AM

Whats happening....I'm a bit confused

Dave :))

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
C2: = B2-A2

format as hh:mm

"DB" wrote in message
k...
I want my worksheet to display the following time format....

Cell A.....Start time in Hours/Minutes eg 08.50

Cell B....Finish Time in Hours/Minutes eg 17.35

Cell C would = Cell B - Cell A .....showing the Hours/Minutes someone is
at work.

I dont need to display the seconds as we arent that picky.

Im using UK time too

Thanks for any help...

Dave :)

P.S. I did try to post this earlier but it seems to have disappeared - if
both somehow manage to appear then my apologies cos I didnt mean to
"multi Post"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you choose "Custom" instead of "Time" you can insert "hh:mm" if it is not
already a choice.
--
Best wishes,

Jim

"DB" wrote:

Bob......when I goto format...the option is Time and then the available
choices are HRS/Mins/Seconds.....

Im selecting the area im using,,,,,,then in the Blue'd out area......right
click......select Time.......

but it includes seconds.......and if I type something like 07.45 it gets
displayed as 10.48.00 AM

Whats happening....I'm a bit confused

Dave :))

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
C2: = B2-A2

format as hh:mm

"DB" wrote in message
k...
I want my worksheet to display the following time format....

Cell A.....Start time in Hours/Minutes eg 08.50

Cell B....Finish Time in Hours/Minutes eg 17.35

Cell C would = Cell B - Cell A .....showing the Hours/Minutes someone is
at work.

I dont need to display the seconds as we arent that picky.

Im using UK time too

Thanks for any help...

Dave :)

P.S. I did try to post this earlier but it seems to have disappeared - if
both somehow manage to appear then my apologies cos I didnt mean to
"multi Post"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DB DB is offline

Got it Jim...

again tho......if I input 7.45...it displays 10.48....

is it anything to do with world time differences ?

Dave :)

"DB" wrote:

Bob......when I goto format...the option is Time and then the available
choices are HRS/Mins/Seconds.....

Im selecting the area im using,,,,,,then in the Blue'd out
area......right
click......select Time.......

but it includes seconds.......and if I type something like 07.45 it gets
displayed as 10.48.00 AM

Whats happening....I'm a bit confused

Dave :))

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
C2: = B2-A2

format as hh:mm

"DB" wrote in message
k...
I want my worksheet to display the following time format....

Cell A.....Start time in Hours/Minutes eg 08.50

Cell B....Finish Time in Hours/Minutes eg 17.35

Cell C would = Cell B - Cell A .....showing the Hours/Minutes someone
is
at work.

I dont need to display the seconds as we arent that picky.

Im using UK time too

Thanks for any help...

Dave :)

P.S. I did try to post this earlier but it seems to have disappeared -
if
both somehow manage to appear then my apologies cos I didnt mean to
"multi Post"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That could be. I will work on this at home tonight (getting ready to leave
work for the day) and, hopefully, have an answer that works. )Unless someone
else beats me to it.)
--
Best wishes,

Jim

"DB" wrote:

Bob......when I goto format...the option is Time and then the available
choices are HRS/Mins/Seconds.....

Im selecting the area im using,,,,,,then in the Blue'd out
area......right
click......select Time.......

but it includes seconds.......and if I type something like 07.45 it gets
displayed as 10.48.00 AM

Whats happening....I'm a bit confused

Dave :))

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
C2: = B2-A2

format as hh:mm

"DB" wrote in message
k...
I want my worksheet to display the following time format....

Cell A.....Start time in Hours/Minutes eg 08.50

Cell B....Finish Time in Hours/Minutes eg 17.35

Cell C would = Cell B - Cell A .....showing the Hours/Minutes someone
is
at work.

I dont need to display the seconds as we arent that picky.

Im using UK time too

Thanks for any help...

Dave :)

P.S. I did try to post this earlier but it seems to have disappeared -
if
both somehow manage to appear then my apologies cos I didnt mean to
"multi Post"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DB DB is offline

Agghhhh!!

Got it now......

Many thanks for all your help....

Everythings working smooth now.............

Cheers All

"DB" wrote:

Bob......when I goto format...the option is Time and then the available
choices are HRS/Mins/Seconds.....

Im selecting the area im using,,,,,,then in the Blue'd out
area......right
click......select Time.......

but it includes seconds.......and if I type something like 07.45 it
gets
displayed as 10.48.00 AM

Whats happening....I'm a bit confused

Dave :))