Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Time calculations for Scheduled Time vs. Actual Time Worked

I am trying to make a simple schedule worksheet for a manger to use to
calculate the time he schedules an employee to clock in and out and what it
will cost him in regards to his allocated budget and then to be able to
compare it after the job is completed. BUT time calculations have thrown me
for loop and I am stuck for hours on trying to calculate time fields.

PLEASE DEAR GOD can someone help me.

Below is a simple example of my worksheet.

A2 (Time IN) = 1:00 PM
A3 (Time OUT) = 5:00 PM
A4 (Time Worked) = 4:00 (h:mm format) Formula A3-A2 in
This seems to be OK BUT when I
then
multiply the hours work by the
hourly rate it does
not work.

A5 (Hourly rate) = $12.00 (Currency Format)

A6 (Total Paid) = $2.00 WHEN IT SHOULD BE $48.00

I know it is calculating the dollar amount due based on .20 Time worked but
for my life I cannot see how to make the changes necessary for this to work.

The actual fields I am using in case it makes a difference a

Employee Name (Drop List) Hutson, Gregg
Pay Rate (Drop List) $12.00, $15.00 ect.
Assigned Position (Drop List) such as bartender, carver, chef etc.
Scheduled IN TIME (Drop List) 12:00 PM, 12:30 PM ect
Scheduled OUT TIME (Drop List) 12:00 PM, 12:30 PM ect
Actual IN TIME (Drop List) 12:00 PM, 12:30 PM ect
Actual OUT TIME (Drop List) 12:00 PM, 12:30 PM ect
Scheduled Hours (h:mm)
Actual Hours (h:mm)
Difference (h:mm)
Scheduled Pay Amount(currency)
Actual Pay Amount (currency)
Difference (currency)

I am useing Excel 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Instead of a4 having "a3-a2" try this
=INT((A3-A2)*24)
this should get you started.
Try looking in the Excel Help pages under Multiply time.