Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default straight time, time and a half, and double time

OK i am having a lot of trouble with this one. I am calculating overtime
hours for an ongoing job.

I get a total number of hours worked for every employee.

The first 40 hours of the week are straight time
Between 40 and 60 are time and a half
Over 60 hours are double time

Can someone help with the formulas? I think I have the end ones, but not
the middle one. See below

=IF(K31=40,40,K31)

=IF(K3160,K31-60)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try

for the time and a half

=MAX(MIN(K31-40,20),0)

for double

=MAX(0,K31-60)

Peo Sjoblom

"Jeremy" <jeremiah.a.reynolds @ gmail.com wrote in message
OK i am having a lot of trouble with this one. I am calculating overtime
hours for an ongoing job.

I get a total number of hours worked for every employee.

The first 40 hours of the week are straight time
Between 40 and 60 are time and a half
Over 60 hours are double time

Can someone help with the formulas? I think I have the end ones, but not
the middle one. See below

=IF(K31=40,40,K31)

=IF(K3160,K31-60)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc