Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Auto date in VBA

First off, I appologize if this had been posted before. I have been looking
for a while now and cannot find the exact answer I need. I know it is going
to be very basic, yet have no luck doing it on my own. Thank you in advace
to all of you who may help me. Anyways, I am trying to write simple code to
update a cell value with the Text "Week of" and then calculate the first day
of the previous work week (Sunday) in mm/dd format. If this is not possible,
I am fine with the Today -7 function, but cannot get that to work. Here is
the code I have been working with and get an error on the Text portion alone.

Range("c2,c13,k13").Value = "Week of" & (Text(Today - 7, "mm/dd"))

Again, thank you to all who helps me with this.

Brandon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok,

I got it to work witht he now function, but I do not need the time. Is
there another function that will just give me the day.

BMeredith wrote:
First off, I appologize if this had been posted before. I have been looking
for a while now and cannot find the exact answer I need. I know it is going
to be very basic, yet have no luck doing it on my own. Thank you in advace
to all of you who may help me. Anyways, I am trying to write simple code to
update a cell value with the Text "Week of" and then calculate the first day
of the previous work week (Sunday) in mm/dd format. If this is not possible,
I am fine with the Today -7 function, but cannot get that to work. Here is
the code I have been working with and get an error on the Text portion alone.

Range("c2,c13,k13").Value = "Week of" & (Text(Today - 7, "mm/dd"))

Again, thank you to all who helps me with this.

Brandon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I got it to work witht he now function
How about an ugly if function
=IF(WEEKDAY(TODAY())=2,TODAY()-1,IF(WEEKDAY(TODAY())=3,TODAY()-2,IF(WEEKDAY(TODAY())=4,TODAY()-3,IF(WEEKDAY(TODAY())=5,TODAY()-4,IF(WEEKDAY(TODAY())=6,TODAY()-5,IF(WEEKDAY(TODAY())=7,TODAY()-6,TODAY()))))))
You could always give it a name to you don't loose half you screen when you
look at it.

--
Mike Q.

BMeredith wrote:
First off, I appologize if this had been posted before. I have been looking
for a while now and cannot find the exact answer I need. I know it is going
to be very basic, yet have no luck doing it on my own. Thank you in advace
to all of you who may help me. Anyways, I am trying to write simple code to
update a cell value with the Text "Week of" and then calculate the first day
of the previous work week (Sunday) in mm/dd format. If this is not possible,
I am fine with the Today -7 function, but cannot get that to work. Here is
the code I have been working with and get an error on the Text portion alone.

Range("c2,c13,k13").Value = "Week of" & (Text(Today - 7, "mm/dd"))

Again, thank you to all who helps me with this.

Brandon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That was it, thank you Bob. I knew it was something stupid, lol. Thanks
again.

Bob Phillips wrote:
It is Date in VBA.

--