Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RST RST is offline

Default Revision Number for an Add-In

I am trying to reference the Revision Number of an Excel Add-In using VBA to
determine if the user has the latest version of the Add-In installed. I
figured the best way would be to use a Scripting.FileSystemObject to get to
it, but I'm having a little trouble. Here's what I have:

Dim fs, f
Set f = fs.GetFile(vPath & "\AddIn.xla")

I've tried several different ways to get to the Revision number...such as:
vRevNo = f.RevisionNumber

But that didn't seem to work. Does anyone know how to tap into this field
easily? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dim wb As Workbook
Set wb = "YourAddin.xla"
MsgBox wb.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Revision Number")
--
Charles Chickering

"A good example is twice the value of good advice."

"RST" wrote:

I am trying to reference the Revision Number of an Excel Add-In using VBA to
determine if the user has the latest version of the Add-In installed. I
figured the best way would be to use a Scripting.FileSystemObject to get to
it, but I'm having a little trouble. Here's what I have:

Dim fs, f
Set f = fs.GetFile(vPath & "\AddIn.xla")

I've tried several different ways to get to the Revision number...such as:
vRevNo = f.RevisionNumber

But that didn't seem to work. Does anyone know how to tap into this field
easily? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RST RST is offline

It doesn't seem to like this either. It won't run the Set wb =
"YourAddin.xla" line. Is it because the add in isn't technically an open
workbook?
RST

"RST" wrote:

I am trying to reference the Revision Number of an Excel Add-In using VBA to
determine if the user has the latest version of the Add-In installed. I
figured the best way would be to use a Scripting.FileSystemObject to get to
it, but I'm having a little trouble. Here's what I have:

Dim fs, f
Set f = fs.GetFile(vPath & "\AddIn.xla")

I've tried several different ways to get to the Revision number...such as:
vRevNo = f.RevisionNumber

But that didn't seem to work. Does anyone know how to tap into this field
easily? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RST RST is offline

Thanks! Got it to work with the following code:

vRevNo = Workbooks("AddIn.xla").BuiltinDocumentProperties(" Revision Number")

RST