Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Revision Number for an Add-In

Search DSOFile in this ng for examples

Regards,
Peter T

"RST" wrote in message
It doesn't seem to like this either. It won't run the Set wb =
"YourAddin.xla" line. Is it because the add in isn't technically an open
workbook?
RST

"Charles Chickering" wrote:

Dim wb As Workbook
Set wb = "YourAddin.xla"
MsgBox wb.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Revision Number")
--
Charles Chickering

"A good example is twice the value of good advice."

"RST" wrote:

I am trying to reference the Revision Number of an Excel Add-In using

VBA to
determine if the user has the latest version of the Add-In installed.

figured the best way would be to use a Scripting.FileSystemObject to

get to
it, but I'm having a little trouble. Here's what I have:

Dim fs, f
Set f = fs.GetFile(vPath & "\AddIn.xla")

I've tried several different ways to get to the Revision number...such

as:
vRevNo = f.RevisionNumber

But that didn't seem to work. Does anyone know how to tap into this

field
easily? Thanks.