Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default iam new to programming in excel i require help

I have a wookbook containing three wooksheets, imformation is entered on
sheet 1 and copied to sheet two automatically, this is where my trouble
begins.
i need to find find the date from sheet 2 in a column on sheet 3 and in the
adjacent column in the same row copy information from a row on sheet 2.

I hope this is clear, and thanks in advance for any and all help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Where is the date located on sheet two with respect to the data that was
copied from sheet one and what column and row does the data in sheet three
reside that you need the sheet two data copied adjacent to? Examples would
help a lot.

"tracks" wrote:

I have a wookbook containing three wooksheets, imformation is entered on
sheet 1 and copied to sheet two automatically, this is where my trouble
begins.
i need to find find the date from sheet 2 in a column on sheet 3 and in the
adjacent column in the same row copy information from a row on sheet 2.

I hope this is clear, and thanks in advance for any and all help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Barb Reinhardt wrote:
No, it's not clear.

What exactly do you find on Sheet2 and where do you find it?
What's on sheet3?

I have a wookbook containing three wooksheets, imformation is entered on
sheet 1 and copied to sheet two automatically, this is where my trouble

[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]

I hope this is clear, and thanks in advance for any and all help.

on sheet2 you have daily production info and crane usage summary the date is
in cell I7
summary information i want copy to sheet 3 is in range($AA$15:$AF$15)
sheet 3
date tot. #of cylces #lifts<50%
#lifts50
10/15/2006
10/16/2006 date range(A8:A39) I require the daily summary
infomation from sheet 2 to copied next to the appropriate date.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

tracks wrote:
No, it's not clear.

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]

I hope this is clear, and thanks in advance for any and all help.

on sheet2 you have daily production info and crane usage summary the date is
in cell I7
summary information i want copy to sheet 3 is in range($AA$15:$AF$15)
sheet 3
date tot. #of cylces #lifts<50% #lifts50
10/15/2006
10/16/2006 date range(A8:A39) I require the daily summary
infomation from sheet 2 to copied next to the appropriate date.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

JLGWhiz wrote:
Where is the date located on sheet two with respect to the data that was
copied from sheet one and what column and row does the data in sheet three
reside that you need the sheet two data copied adjacent to? Examples would
help a lot.

I have a wookbook containing three wooksheets, imformation is entered on
sheet 1 and copied to sheet two automatically, this is where my trouble

[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]

I hope this is clear, and thanks in advance for any and all help.

the date is in cell I7 on sheet 2. sheet 3 is as below
total # # of lifts # of lifts
date cycles <50% 50%
15/10/2006 (i need to find the date on sheet 3 that match es the date on
sheet 2 and copy the
16/10/2006 data from Range ($AA$15:$AF:$15) on sheet2 into the range
adjacent to the appropiate date)