Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Calling Excel Import wizard from DOS

We wish to call the Excel Import wizard also called <import External data
function
from a DOS command and thereby format the txt file via the wizard.

The command will be called from an AS400 server.

Can anybody help
--
Dane

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi Tom
maybe I misunderstand your point. However we do wish to use Excel and the
incorporated Text Import Wizard.
But mayby you are talking about how to call the API?
--
Dane

"Dane" wrote:

We wish to call the Excel Import wizard also called <import External data
function
from a DOS command and thereby format the txt file via the wizard.

The command will be called from an AS400 server.

Can anybody help
--
Dane

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In DOS you could try

excel.Exe "C:\Myfolder\Myfile.txt"

and see if it brings up the text import wizard.

Tom Ogilvy