Default Excel Text Import Wizard

Does anybody know of a way to automatically fire the Text Import Wizard
in excel. What I am trying to do is create an asp page for my users
which contains links to reports. These reports are text files which
need to be imported into excel. By clicking on the link my users will
open the file in excel and be prompted with the Text Import Wizard to
format the columns. As we run many thousands of different reports I
think that it would be impossible to predefine the columns, so this
must be done by the end user when they open it.
I have tried naming the text file as .csv and .xls, but they just open
with everything in the first column.

This produces the same as .xls or .csv.