Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default time to integer2

few posts down is an article named "time to integer"
with whom I'm bugging people these days..

------------------
(If someone is still willing to help):

I tried with module (thanks to NickHK), but I think that
type of input in the function is expected as a string, not as
hh:mm:ss,000
and John's formula just says error, when I changed the formula's field
type to TEXT I got ########## :)

I have uploaded the file
http://www.pmfst.hr/~ivabal/Slalom_2.xls

don't let Croatian words confuse you ;)
just look at AB3 and try to give me a score number in AC3

my mail is

ps. I didn't understand 'till now that I need to have it done
first thing in the morning. :(

Ivan
-------------------
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why wont the formula that Tom wrote work for you?

Quoted from Tom Ogilvy on Fri, Oct 6 2006 12:49 pm from "time to
integer" post

"=SUBSTITUTE(TEXT(AB3,"hhmmss.000"),".","")*1

You may have to adjust the "." for your regional settings.
Tom Ogilvy "

Ivan wrote:
few posts down is an article named "time to integer"
with whom I'm bugging people these days..

------------------
(If someone is still willing to help):

I tried with module (thanks to NickHK), but I think that
type of input in the function is expected as a string, not as
hh:mm:ss,000
and John's formula just says error, when I changed the formula's field
type to TEXT I got ########## :)

I have uploaded the file
http://www.pmfst.hr/~ivabal/Slalom_2.xls

don't let Croatian words confuse you ;)
just look at AB3 and try to give me a score number in AC3

my mail is

ps. I didn't understand 'till now that I need to have it done
first thing in the morning. :(

Ivan
-------------------

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In reading this post and your previous one, why wont the formula that
Tom Ogilvy wrote accomplish what you're trying to do?

Quoted from Tom Ogilvy Fri, Oct 6 2006 12:49 pm from "time to

Ivan wrote:
few posts down is an article named "time to integer"
with whom I'm bugging people these days..

------------------
(If someone is still willing to help):

I tried with module (thanks to NickHK), but I think that
type of input in the function is expected as a string, not as
hh:mm:ss,000
and John's formula just says error, when I changed the formula's field
type to TEXT I got ########## :)

I have uploaded the file
http://www.pmfst.hr/~ivabal/Slalom_2.xls

don't let Croatian words confuse you ;)
just look at AB3 and try to give me a score number in AC3

my mail is

ps. I didn't understand 'till now that I need to have it done
first thing in the morning. :(

Ivan
-------------------

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Sandy" wrote in
oups.com:

In reading this post and your previous one, why wont the formula that
Tom Ogilvy wrote accomplish what you're trying to do?

Quoted from Tom Ogilvy Fri, Oct 6 2006 12:49 pm from "time to
integer" post

"=SUBSTITUTE(TEXT(AB3,"hhmmss.000"),".","")*1

You may have to adjust the "." for your regional settings.
Tom Ogilvy "

Yes, this solution works written like this
=SUBSTITUTE(TEXT(AB3;"hhmmss,000");",";"")
but for this 00:00:08,908 I get 000008908
and it's not a number, though I don't need
to calculate anything with this expression
but that's the main score that I print to PDF!

I think I will use this anyway, who cares 'bout
the zeroes.. as long as I can sort them right ;)

Ivan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bllich wrote in news:Xns98552570FA1DBllichID@
195.29.150.88:

Yes, this solution works written like this
=SUBSTITUTE(TEXT(AB3;"hhmmss,000");",";"")
but for this 00:00:08,908 I get 000008908
and it's not a number, though I don't need
to calculate anything with this expression
but that's the main score that I print to PDF!

I think I will use this anyway, who cares 'bout
the zeroes.. as long as I can sort them right ;)

Ivan

haha, this works!!!
format of the sell I'm writing a number to
has to be general and this

=(SUBSTITUTE(TEXT(AB3;"hhmmss,000");",";""))/1

works perfectly!!

God bless Tom ;)