Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default OnTime code error "can't execute code in break mode"

Hi,
Please give advice why I get error.

When I step into RunInvComment code, it first mark first line but
doesn't trigger "ShowComment". Then it mark second line and show error
"You can't execute code in break mode". Of cource I when I started to
step into this, it was_not_break_mode.

Sub RunInvComment()
Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue("00:00:00"), "ShowComment"
Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue("00:00:03"), "Deletecomment"
End Sub

Sub Deletecomment()
Selection.ClearComments
End Sub

Sub ShowComment()
Selection.AddComment "This is a 3 sec Comment !"
Selection.Comment.Visible = True
End Sub

Kind reagrds
tskogstrom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As I understand it :

Your first .OnTime is basically Now, so you confuse the compiler as to what
it should be doing.
If you give yourself more time (an extra ~ 5 seconds), those lines will have
chance to execute in break mode, before it/they are due to fire.

One point ; you should check that selection is a single cell, otherwise your
routine will fail.
Also, you save the address of the inserted comment, so you can remove it if
the user changes the selection between those 2 calls.

NickHK

ups.com...