Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default "Can't enter break mode at this time"

Hi,
I recently made the switch from Excel 2000 to 2003 in hopes that some
of Excel's old bugs might just be fixed. In a couple of my Excel
templates, I copy some worksheets when a user needs more than one of
them. I have found that as soon as you do a sheet copy, you can no
longer debug. For example, I have this copy in the middle of a macro,
and as soon as it hits this line, I get the message that is in the
subject of my post. Past this point if I have an error, the error
dialog comes up but the debug button is disabled. This has been an
issue for a couple versions of Excel and I was wondering if anyone knew
how to fix it. The only KB article I can find relates to adding
activex controls, which I am not. I also read that this can be fixed
by turning of 'Require variable declaration' but that did not work for
me, nor does that make sense. Does anyone know of a solution, or even
a place to post the bug for Microsoft that does not cost money.

PT

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Paul,
Are you using any timer or calls to OnTime ?

NickHK

"Paul T."
groups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the reply. No timer calls at all.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You've seen this old post ?

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...388de6280c4ca7

NickHK

"Paul T."
egroups.com...
Thanks for the reply. No timer calls at all.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, that is where I found the suggestion to turn off 'Require variable
declaration' which did not work in my case. I should note that I am
running Excel 2003 (11.8033.8036) sp2 , which is the most current
version out there.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have narrowed this down a bit. It seems to actually happen when I
delete a sheet that has controls on it and code behind the sheet.