Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul T. Paul T. is offline

Default "Can't enter break mode at this time"

Hi,
I recently made the switch from Excel 2000 to 2003 in hopes that some
of Excel's old bugs might just be fixed. In a couple of my Excel
templates, I copy some worksheets when a user needs more than one of
them. I have found that as soon as you do a sheet copy, you can no
longer debug. For example, I have this copy in the middle of a macro,
and as soon as it hits this line, I get the message that is in the
subject of my post. Past this point if I have an error, the error
dialog comes up but the debug button is disabled. This has been an
issue for a couple versions of Excel and I was wondering if anyone knew
how to fix it. The only KB article I can find relates to adding
activex controls, which I am not. I also read that this can be fixed
by turning of 'Require variable declaration' but that did not work for
me, nor does that make sense. Does anyone know of a solution, or even
a place to post the bug for Microsoft that does not cost money.

PT