Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Rob is offline

Default Generating a List

Below is a short representation of part of my spreadsheet. What code would I
need to generate a dropdown list in Row 1 of Col A that only contains the
info in rows 8, 18, 28, 38, 48, etc??

Col A

Row 7 B0906
Row 8 B0906-1000086 Z1
Row 9 9/5/2006
Row 10
Row 11 8/6/2006
Row 12
Row 13
Row 14
Row 15
Row 16
Row 17 B0906
Row 18 B0906-1000087 Z2
Row 19 9/5/2006
Row 20
Row 21 8/6/2006
Row 22
Row 23
Row 24
Row 25
Row 26
Row 27 B0906
Row 28 B0906-1000088 Z3
Row 29 9/5/2006
Row 30
Row 31 8/6/2006
Row 32
Row 33
Row 34
Row 35
Row 36
Row 37 B0906
Row 38 B0906-1000089 Z3
Row 39 9/5/2006
Row 40
Row 41 8/6/2006
Row 42
Row 43
Row 44
Row 45
Row 46

I really have not tried to write my own in this aspect because I'm afraid
that it's over my head. But I have tried to use the create list function. The
problem with that is that it lists everything in Col A and there's like
hundreds of different items that it shows. I just need every tenth cell of
Col A.

Anything would be nice, even just a starting point.

Thanks in Advance,
Rob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just about anything I can think of would require you to create the compacted
list in another location, possibly on another sheet.

An alternative might be to have a dummy column next to your data with a
formula that reflects for each row whether to include it or not. Then apply
an autofilter to the data and filter on the dummy column to only show
included rows.

A lot would depend on what you want to get out of this sublist.

Tom Ogilvy