Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kong Karl

Default Generating list

Hi...

I have a list of 300 employees that are going to move from three locations
into two new buildings. I have made a worksheet with the columns "name",
"moving from building", "office number", "moving into building" and "new
office number". The office numbers are given with both three and four digits
number where the first digit is the index for the floornumber.

What I want to do is to use a function so that I get a list that tells me
who is moving from building 1/second floor to building 1/fourth floor (and
every other possible combination). Is this possible?

Thanx in advance :-)

Karl Erik Kvalsund
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers

One way:

Add extra columns with floor number (=Left(officenumber,1)) and then use
Data==Filter to generate your lists.