Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default access menu

i need help with the codes to access "about microsoft excel" from help in the
standard menu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

from the immediate window:

? CommandBars("Help").Controls(Commandbars("Help").C ontrols.count).Caption
&About Microsoft Office Excel

Tom Ogilvy

"ernie" wrote:

i need help with the codes to access "about microsoft excel" from help in the
standard menu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom's example give me my Google Search add-in (last one in the Help menu)

If you want to open it (works in every Language version)

Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").FindControl _
(ID:=927, Recursive:=True).Execute

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"ernie" wrote:

i need help with the codes to access "about microsoft excel" from help in the
standard menu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just an added thought.

Ron brings up a good point - that using the ID is more robust - however, all
menu ids are not consistent across versions of excel.

Tom Ogilvy

"ernie" wrote:

i need help with the codes to access "about microsoft excel" from help in the
standard menu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

menu ids are not consistent across versions of excel.
You are correct Tom

But 927 is in Excel 97-2003

--
Regards Ron de Bruin