Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default access menu

menu ids are not consistent across versions of excel.
You are correct Tom

But 927 is in Excel 97-2003

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message ...
Just an added thought.

Ron brings up a good point - that using the ID is more robust - however, all
menu ids are not consistent across versions of excel.

Tom Ogilvy

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Tom's example give me my Google Search add-in (last one in the Help menu)

If you want to open it (works in every Language version)

Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").FindControl _
(ID:=927, Recursive:=True).Execute

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message ...
from the immediate window:

? CommandBars("Help").Controls(Commandbars("Help").C ontrols.count).Caption
&About Microsoft Office Excel

Tom Ogilvy

"ernie" wrote:

i need help with the codes to access "about microsoft excel" from help in the
standard menu