Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can you disable the macro security alert?

Can I make a program that disables the security alert on a file once I
approve it. I have a program that I will open everyday and insert severat
values, I would like to avoid having to enable macros every time I open it.
IF Possible, would still like protection when I open other files.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You want to digitally sign the project. Taht way the macros in that project
will be considered trusted and the alert will not show up...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Elceller in distress" wrote:

Can I make a program that disables the security alert on a file once I
approve it. I have a program that I will open everyday and insert severat
values, I would like to avoid having to enable macros every time I open it.
IF Possible, would still like protection when I open other files.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Check out Help on Digital Signing and the the Self-Cert utility which allows you
to sign your projects on your own computer only.

Self-cert digital signatures are not exportable as are paid-for ones from Thawte
and Versisign.

Go to StartProgramsMicrosoft OfficeOffice Tools and build a selfcert from
there.

Once you get the certificate created, open your workbook and go to the VBE and
ToolsDigital SignatureChoose.

Pick the one you just created and OK then Save.

Close and re-open the workbook. The macro alert message will come up.

Enable the option "always trust this publisher" and enable macros.

Won't get that message next time you open the workbook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 13:31:02 -0700, Elceller in distress
wrote:

Can I make a program that disables the security alert on a file once I
approve it. I have a program that I will open everyday and insert severat
values, I would like to avoid having to enable macros every time I open it.
IF Possible, would still like protection when I open other files.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Happy to hear you're sorted out.

Gord