Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default security alert on macro-enabled worksheet

I have a spreadsheet that I created eons ago that I saved as a macro-enabled
spreadsheet so that I didn't have to allow the macros every time I open it.
I recently had to reinstall Windows on my system, so I had to reinstall
Office 2007 on my system. Now, whenever I open this spreadsheet I get the
security alert that the macros were disabled. I am trying to avoid getting
that every single time I open the document, as I open it very often. I know
that I DID NOT have to change any settings in the Trust Center (ie. creating
a trusted location or lowering my settings to allow all macros) before when I
created this document. I have tried re-saving the document as a
macro-enabled document, but still get the security warning every time I open
it. How do I correct this without changing my Trust Center settings? Why
did it previously recognize the macro-enabled document but after reinstall
does not now?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Try this

Microsoft Office Button , and then click Excel Options.
Click Trust Center, click Trust Center Settings, and then click Message Bar
choose Never show information about blocked content.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"lilkel31" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This does not help...if I do that, it doesn't show the security warning
anymore, you are correct, but also my macros are still disabled in the
spreadsheet. The macros are an integral part of the spreadsheet's function
and I do not want them to remain constantly disabled, that's why I saved it
as a "macro-enabled spreadsheet" in the first place. The security warning I
am getting every time I open it says that macros have been disabled and to
click for options. I don't want to see the security alert, but I also want
my macros working in a spreadsheet that is saved in a format that by name is
supposed to allow the macros.