Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro to link workbooks

I have created a large workbook file for my company with several worksheets
linked to each other through many formulas, some of which are included in a
macro. Many of my formulas refer to a sheet tab named "Look Ahead," which I
have now been informed they would like to keep in a separate file. However,
each user has a different file name and file path for their Look Ahead
workbook, and they do not want to change it. Is there a way to create a
macro, or series of macros in my workbook that would first bring up an "Open"
dialog box, allowing the user to open his/her own "Look Ahead" file, and then
automatically replace all references to the "Look Ahead" sheet in my formulas
and macros to their own file?

Or another possible solution: is there a macro I can create in my own file,
which would allow the user to open and copy his/her Look Ahead sheet into the
existing workbook, and then rename the sheet tab "Look Ahead"? Again, the
macro would need to allow them to open their own personal Look Ahead file
with its unique file name, and copy it into my workbook.

Thanks in advance for your help!
--
cjct
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

An "Open" dialog box could easily be constructed by creating a Use
Defined Form in VBE by clicking Insert, UserForm. Then you would inser
the proper controls

--
raypayett

raypayette's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2956