Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Link two workbooks

I would like to link 2 different workbook (the whole book). One book is on a
share drive and the other is on my personel drive. Can any one help??
--
Mariann
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you just want a straight link, then the easiest way is to open both
workbooks at the same time and use Windows | Arrange | Horizontal so
that you can see both file windows at the same time. Then click on the
window where you want the linked data to appear, choose the
appropriate sheet and cell and begin to enter a formula by typing =

Then click onto the other file window, navigate to the appropriate
sheet and cell where you want to get data from and then press <Enter.
Excel will insert the formula into the first cell, using the correct
syntax for the link. You can then close the second workbook, and the
formula will expand to look something like this:

='full_path[filename.xls]Sheet1'!linked_cell

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 6, 8:53*pm, Mariann wrote:
I would like to link 2 different workbook (the whole book). *One book is on a
share drive and the other is on my personel drive. *Can any one help??
--
Mariann

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks! I had tried it but it didn't work the way I wanted. Trying to
change the master workbook (in private drive) and have it to update the other
workbook in a shared drive with staff.

Have anymore ideas?

Thanks again!
--