Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I link two workbooks together

I have a master workbook that only I have access to. I would to have a copy
of it for viewing purposes only, except when I make changes to the master
one, changes are not made on the copied one. I think I didn't link them
correctly. I would like to know the proper way to link an entire workbook to
mirror the other?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It seems your subject contradicts your question, if you don't want changes
to be done in the copied one then you shouldn't link them. Just make a copy
either by

Save as myworkbook_copy.xls

or go to the folder and right click it, select copy then paste
and you don't even have to rename it, windows will do that for you

Peo Sjoblom

"OfficeChick" wrote in message
I have a master workbook that only I have access to. I would to have a copy
of it for viewing purposes only, except when I make changes to the master
one, changes are not made on the copied one. I think I didn't link them
correctly. I would like to know the proper way to link an entire workbook
mirror the other?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Probably the easiset way to do this will be to password protect the workbook
when you save it as opposed to making a copy or linking.

File - Save As - Tools - General Options and add a password to modify...
Your users will be able to view the file but they will require a password to
modify the file.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson