Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Combobox with additional selection criteria

I have a combobox that reflects a list (in a different tab) withou
duplications.

At the moment it is selecting names in columnC. Additionally, I want t
show only those names that meet a criteria in columnA. The selectio
criteria is entered in cell M1 of the base sheet.

Here's my code I use so far.

Private Sub worksheet_Activate()
Dim AllCells As Range, Cell As Range
Dim NoDupes As New Collection
Dim i As Integer, j As Integer
Dim Swap1, Swap2, Item
Dim rng As Range

Me.combobox1.Clear

Set AllCells = Worksheets("NKADaten").Range("C4:C200")
On Error Resume Next
For Each Cell In AllCells
NoDupes.Add Cell.Value, CStr(Cell.Value)
Next Cell
On Error GoTo 0
For i = 1 To NoDupes.Count - 1
For j = i + 1 To NoDupes.Count
If NoDupes(i) NoDupes(j) Then
Swap1 = NoDupes(i)
Swap2 = NoDupes(j)
NoDupes.Add Swap1, befo=j
NoDupes.Add Swap2, befo=i
NoDupes.Remove i + 1
NoDupes.Remove j + 1
End If
Next j
Next i
For Each Item In NoDupes
Me.combobox1.AddItem Item
Next Item
End Sub

Many thanks for your help.

Sve

--
sven_da
sven_dau's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3529

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'd modify this portion:

On Error Resume Next
For Each Cell In AllCells
NoDupes.Add Cell.Value, CStr(Cell.Value)
Next Cell
On Error GoTo 0

to check that criteria:

On Error Resume Next
For Each Cell In AllCells
if lcase(cell.offset(0,-2).value) _
= lcase(worksheets("base").range("M1").value) then
NoDupes.Add Cell.Value, CStr(Cell.Value)
end if
Next Cell
On Error GoTo 0

But that's without knowing what "meet a criteria in column A" really means. I'm
guessing that you mean equals--but that's just a guess.

sven_dau wrote:

I have a combobox that reflects a list (in a different tab) without
duplications.

At the moment it is selecting names in columnC. Additionally, I want to
show only those names that meet a criteria in columnA. The selection
[...]

Sven

--
sven_dau
sven_dau's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35291

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave,

You made my day. It works.
Amazing how small things can make you happy.

Many thanks,

Sven

--
sven_dau
sven_dau's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35291
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=561105

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave, how would it look like if I had another additional criteria to be
checked (say in M2) with column B?

Just repeating the first if function and replacing M1 with M2 and
changing column to -1 doesn't do the trick.

--
sven_dau
sven_dau's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35291
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=561105

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe...

On Error Resume Next
For Each Cell In AllCells
if lcase(cell.offset(0,-2).value) _
= lcase(worksheets("base").range("M1").value) then
if lcase(cell.offset(0,-1).value) _
= lcase(worksheets("base").range("M2").value) then

sven_dau wrote:

Dave, how would it look like if I had another additional criteria to be
checked (say in M2) with column B?

Just repeating the first if function and replacing M1 with M2 and
changing column to -1 doesn't do the trick.

--
sven_dau
sven_dau's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35291
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=561105